Keogh CrispiPremier New York Personal Injury Lawyers
Call Us Today For A FREE Consultation

It might be possible to hold the person or establishment accountable for overserving a person who then chose to drive drunk. This is called dram shop liability, and it states:

  1. It is the duty of the person serving alcohol to monitor the health and cognitive stability of his or her patrons.
  2. Serving alcohol to a person who is "visibly intoxicated" is illegal.
  3. Serving alcohol to or allowing the purchase of alcohol by a person who is under the age of 21 is illegal.
  4. If that person leaves the establishment and injures another individual, the person who provided alcohol can be held accountable.

At Keogh Crispi, our Manhattan-based attorneys have over 40 years of experience representing people injured in motor vehicle accidents throughout New York City. The challenge of dram shop liability cases is proving "visible intoxication," as defined in the law. You will need eyewitness testimony, blood alcohol content (BAC) test results and proof of fault in the vehicle collision to maximize your compensation for recovery.

Please call our firm at 212-518-2417 to schedule a free consultation and case evaluation with one of our attorneys today. We are available 24/7 and ready to get to work for you.

Building Your Dram Shop Case

We have handled cases involving many establishments, including:

  • Night clubs
  • Bars
  • Restaurants
  • Sports venues
  • Hotel bars

If you were injured in an accident caused by a drunk driver, we will examine your accident to gain a clear understanding of all parties who were responsible for your injuries. We will thoroughly investigate all aspects of your accident and resulting injuries to develop the strongest case possible that leads us to a successful and efficient resolution for your full and fair compensation.

Underage Drinking And Dram Shop Law

It is important to note that if an individual provides alcohol to an underage person — even if money is not changing hands — it is considered an illegal sale of alcohol. There are many situations where a parent has alcohol available at a house party that is not protected from underage people.

If these minors drink the alcohol and then one of them causes a motor vehicle accident, it might be possible to hold a parent or homeowner responsible for monetary damages through a homeowner's insurance policy.

An experienced attorney can examine the facts of your situation and provide you with honest, educated advice about how you should proceed.

Schedule A Free Consultation With A Lawyer

Call Keogh Crispi to discuss your dram shop liability matter at 212-518-2417. We offer free consultations, and there are no legal fees unless we recover compensation on your behalf through a settlement or verdict.

Email Us Today »
Keogh Crispi

521 Fifth Avenue, Suite 1740
New York, NY 10175

Phone: 212-518-2417
Fax: 212-818-0180
New York Law Office Map

  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • S
Bus Lines: M101, M102, M103,
M1, M2, M3, M4, Q32 and M42